Thursday 24 April 2008

A Blind DJ Uses Serato, WOW!!!!


This is amazing.
Here Is The Info:

In an up-coming issue of GIANT magazine, Philly’s DJ Touchtone explains how he uses Serato, the popular mixing software, to rock parties even though he is blind.
“We put all the folders together in alphabetical order and I create crates inside Serato,” he tells the mag. “For example, I have a radio crate and a dirty south crate. I hit Tab-R on the keyboard for “radio” or Tab-D for “dirty south” and just scroll up and down inside those crates. That’s the uniqueness of it all. It’s based on memory and me knowing my way around the keyboard and my crates.”
The popular radio and club DJ has been a staple on Philadelphia radio for over a decade and plans to add producing to his repertoire. “I may not have 20/20 vision but I have 20/20 hearing,” he says confidently.
Web heads can tune in to hear him on Philly’s 100.3 The Beat (www.1003thebeatphilly.com) Monday thru Friday from 6 to 10pm with the Goodfellas and by himself on Saturday’s from 6pm to 9pm. However, if you want to hear Tone live, check him in Philly on Tuesday nights at Transit and Friday night at Palmers.

0 comments: