Thursday 9 October 2008

Travis Barker Gives His FIRST Interview Since His Plane Crash


Here’s what the rocker recently told US Weekly in an interview he gave while still in the hospital after the private jet crash that left Pilot Sarah Lemmon (31), co-pilot James Bland (52), security guard Charles Still (25), of Los Angeles, and Barker’s assistant Chris ‘Lil Chris’ Baker (29) dead:

“I hate planes…My biggest fear ever is to be involved in a plane crash, so when that happened… well, I’m just thankful to be alive. I’m just grateful to be here at all. I’m so anxious to get out of here…I’ve just been in surgery after surgery. I have third degree burns basically from my feet up to my waist and both hands. One of my hands was second degree burns and one was third degree burns…I’m trying to have a quick recovery and play the drums again and be able to hold my kids again.”

And on stopping being a vegetarian after 25 years:

“I need protein from food rather than just protein supplements. I changed my diet…I would do anything I possibly could if they said like ‘There’s a possibility you might heal faster if you do eat meat or just change your eating habits.’ So I did. I don’t regret it at all.”

0 comments: